Friday, October 23, 2009

Empathy, which literally translates as 'in feeling', is the capability to share and understand another's emotions and feelings. It is often characterized as the ability to "put oneself into another's shoes". I think that this is something that alot of people don't seem to have. Empathy is the ability to feel someone elses emotions. It isn't about you.... I think there are a lot of people that make everything about them and how they feel and how things effect them BUT it isn't always about you and how you feel. Sometimes I would like to just yell "this isn't about you!!" Now if you know me you know that when you tell me about something and I have had soemthing liket hat happen to me I will tell you about my experience BUT never do I make it about me or how something makes me feel I feel what you feel... I think in this country most people have issues with empathy and not having any empathy for other human beings...... Okay a vent about something that has happened and no I won't tell you any details BUT that is my vent for the day....
~Eileen~

No comments:

Post a Comment